Trader Support Service plus free training courses for BPMA members
The Northern Ireland Protocol comes into force on 1 January 2021. Customs declarations as well as safety and security declarations will be needed for goods moving from GB to NI to ensure:
- tariffs are not paid on trade within the UK
- Northern Ireland can benefit from UK Free Trade Agreements
- goods destined for Ireland (ie the EU) pay tariffs when they should.
If you are not ready, you may not be able to move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland from 1 January 2021.
If you move goods from GB to NI, then the TSS is available to ensure the smooth flow of goods continues.
We encourage our members to register for TSS. By doing so, you will secure expert advice that guides you through all these changes – at no extra cost:
- The TSS can complete declarations on your behalf, as well as safety and security declarations, if you choose
- BPMA members can attend free short training courses on key new processes that come into effect from 1 January 2021.
With less than two months to go until these new rules come into effect, we encourage our members trading between GB and NI to register for the TSS here to help ensure that trade continues to operate seamlessly post-transition.