New group set up to support British Manufacturers
A new special interest group has been set up by the bpma to support British Manufacturers. At a recent meeting held in Leicester, a group from First Editions, Orchard Melamine and Great Central Plastics will become part of a steering group to help manage and co-ordinate a programme of activity.
The group’s main aims are to:
- Help sell/promote UK manufactured products (myth busters)
- Share best practice
- Explore marketing opportunities
- Holds biannual networking events with relevant speakers
- Explore discounted/combined/shared freight rates
- Share knowledge of available grants etc
- Produce a potential mini online or paper flyer catalogue
- Use the logo and group name on company literature and emails
Only companies whose total manufacturing revenue exceeds 50% can participate. Ben Chamberlain from Orchard Melamine said: “It’s a great opportunity for UK manufacturers to build upon current success and drive businesses forward individually and collectively.